Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
Residents Insurance Services Limited also offers Directors & Officers Liability Insurance, an additional policy used by many of our clients who want to indemnify against financial personal liability, for negligence, which their company are not insured against. To explain this simply, if a third party suffers financially as a result of the actions of the directors/and or officers of the company, they may bring a law suit against the directors/and or officers responsible (rather than the company) and this policy can provide an indemnity limit to protect against this risk.
- This policy is for Residents Associations & Clubs with up to a £15,000,000 annual income
- Unlike some other Directors & Officers Liability policies, we do not require an annual report and accounts
- Provides insured persons (Directors & Officers) with protection against personal liability for wrongful acts for which the company has not provided indemnity
- Limits of indemnity available from £100,000 to £1,000,000
- Protection is also provided to the Insured Company where they are permitted or required to indemnify Directors & Officers for Wrongful acts
This policy summary does not contain the full terms and conditions of the insurance and cover, details of which will be found within the actual policy documents. We have set up a page under ‘Useful Infomation’ called A-Z Jargon Buster to help explain some words / phrases for you.
- Covers claims on a “claims made basis” meaning that the policy covers claims first made against the insured and circumstances first notified to the Insurer during the policy period or any applicable discovery period
- Covers past, present and future Directors & Officers as insured persons
- Protects the Insured persons against loss for which they are personally liable. For example : alleged or actual error, misstatement, misleading statement, act, omission, neglect of breach or warranty of authority, or other act actually or allegedly committed or attempted in their capacity as insured persons
- Protects insured persons against violation of employment discrimination laws
- Automatic cover for newly created subsidiaries or newly acquired subsidiaries (subject to annual income threshold)
- Covers for defence costs
The Directors & Officers Liability policies we provide are through Angel Risk Management, a trading name of Catlin Insurance Company (UK) Limited and A rated part of the global XL Catlin Group.